Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Wonderful World of Widgets

I guess you could say that I'm "widget-happy". So many widgets, so little room on the blog. I decided to add two of my favorites to this blog:
1. Shelfari - my own little online database of books. Not only can you share what books you have read, but selected books in your database which are marked with a particular tag. I'm finding this a handy little tool in my high school library because it's a great way of sharing a selection of books with students. For instance, once our Reading Olympics books were announced for this year, I entered them all onto Shelfari and then posted a Reading Olympics widget on my blog. Students don't just get a boring list of the books, but images of the book jackets along with summaries.
2. ShowYourself is a cool little tool to help you stay connected through all your many social networking tools. Whether it's Flickr, YouTube, Twitter or Technorati - this widget allows your blog readers to quickly access your accounts.

No comments: